Taurus 20m Receiver



Last month I purchased a Taurus 20m SSB & CW Receiver from VU3SUA's website. And I got it in 7 days via Indian Speed Post. Packing was first class and the product was WOW for me as it was my first semi-assembled radio kit purchase. 


 What's in the Box?
  • Taurus Receiver PCB Board
  • Speaker 8 ohms
  • 22k Volume control pot 
  • 10 turn 5k pot for tuning
  • Manual
  • Relimate connectors




   Features
  • The Taurus receiver has been built with MC3362p which is a chip with an inbuilt VFO/BFO Mixer and AGC.
  • Audio Amp. with TDA7231 
  • 10Mhz IF coils are used for band pass filter
  • IF frequency is kept at 10mhz
  • Internal VFO is varactor tuned with 50k multi turn pot and BB103/MV209 varactor diode
                          
Assembly
If we talk about assembly of Taurus , its simple If you know basics of soldering
Everything about assembly is mentioned step by step in the manual. So it was easy.
  
     


Testing 
After assembly of the Taurus, it was time to test. the reception. I gave it 12v supply and plugged in a 20m half wave dipole antenna at the respective connector. After adjusting the tuning pot, i was able to copy many cw and ssb signals. For some days I used it without a cabinet. Next step was to mount it into a cabinet .


Mounting In A Cabinet
I found one chocolate tin box in which I keep old parts for radio. After proper measurement and marking, I drilled holes for mounting PCB and pots in the cabinet. When I finished the mounting process I didn't get any idea to mount the small round speaker in box lid so I bought a  small rectangular speaker used in tv sets. Finally the mounting work was finished.


Links for Purchasing Taurus
For Indian Hams & Swl http://inkits.in
For Dx hams https://amateurradiokits.in

Regards,
VU2COR
Satnam Singh 























Comments

  1. Please share a performance video ..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Video will be soon uploaded on my youtube channel.

      Delete
    2. You can see the videos of taurus at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5TaYOlRV3QiqgMGkk06eA

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Antenna For EasySat Part-2 ( Dual Band Moxon Yagi )

DIY Frequency Counter And Crystal Testing Kit